Thursday, June 10, 2010

Trendy Computer Hair Imaging


This is the greatest name for a business. My guess is you bring in a photo of your favourite computer so you can find out what he'd look like in an Edward wig. (Needless to say, I prefer Jacob.)

Speaking of "computer hair", take a look at me in the corner. Of course, my hair can't be considered "trendy" anymore, as that picture of me was taken at my grad party in 1990. It takes a lot of hair spray to keep that much hair up. I just can't afford it.

My 20th high school reunion was last weekend. It is amazing how you can just pick up where you left off with people. The reunion was very well done but I think I drank too much tequila. Thankfully, tequila is made from cactii, so I had no hangover.

So back to T.C.H.I. If I had hair, I might check it out to reward them for having such a brave name. Seriously, service is so bad in Calgary that trying a business based on their name is just as likely as anything else to lead to good service.

A few weeks ago, I wanted to buy a new car stereo. Our 2006 Kia was made just before ipod jacks were standard, so we need an FM receiver to listen to mp3s. So rather than buy a new car that has an ipod jack standard (hahaha, just kidding ... um ... cough cough) I wanted to just get a new stereo.

I go into Future Shop and spend 20 minutes looking at different models. I'm surprised that three salesmen are not humping my leg, so I decide to go look at TVs instead. Right around the corner are 5 -- count them FIVE -- associates standing around bs-ing. I go to Best Buy and a very nice associate helps me almost immediately. He points out the Sony stereo is on sale and includes installation. "Bag it up," I say. (What? "Bag it up" isn't in style any more. Wow!) So the kid looks in the computer and then declares that he doesn't have a dash kit for my model of car. Okay. So what does that mean? "You could look on the internet for one," he says and then just stands there. I guess this means I'm going to be leaving with all the money I came in with.

No comments: