Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Birthday, Love Copycat

Today is my wife's birthday. It comes just a day after mine, so all day yesterday, I was only 3 years younger than her. Here are the Top 10 reasons I love my wife:

1. She is very creative, and I appear much more interesting by merely copying her, rather than thinking of my own thing to do. Which is why I'm doing a top 10 list. (Who knows if I would have thought of it on my own. She did have a day head start!)

2. She is very smart, and knows many arcane things like when my sister's boyfriend birthday is. She's like having a Blackberry, without the sore thumbs.

3. We didn't meet at a bar. We met just outside a bar, and she was totally drunk. Therefore, I can still keep my belief that no long term relationship can ever start inside a bar.

4. She loves dogs.

5. She has this amazing character trait which I've tried to absorb: she just does stuff. I'm notorious for stopping and analyzing and thinking and planning, and she just does it. Of course, that means that sometimes we aren't that prepared (and I have to make a quick trip to Home Depot) but most times, I'd still be thinking if I was in charge.

6. She's a great artist (fibre and otherwise) and has a great eye for color. (Yes, I admit the green you chose for the Living room wall was perfect!)

7. She loves UFC and horror movies. And she likes watching me play video games. And she watches poker with me. I know guys that would kill for their wives to be like this. Actually, when it comes to horror movies, she has a much stronger stomach than I do. I've become more fearful in my old age, sort of like Max (the dog).

8. She's a fantastic mom. Her attitude is if you don't get upset by it, you kid won't. If he falls off his bike, calmly walk over and say, "You're a tough guy for not crying." If you panic, run at him, and scream, "Are you okay?!?" the kid is going to burst into tears (mainly because your reaction scared the sh*t out of him).

9. She gives great head rubs.

10. I knew she was the one the day I met her. So I guess I love her for saying yes, and avoiding the years of stalking I'd have to do. (Just kidding ... that's creepy.)

No comments: